Brighton Pier. October is still deck chair weather !
~ Spotted Cow
Ahh, it’s October and my thoughts turn to cooler weather activities and exploration … although I’m not pencilling anything as cold as the -30°C cross-country skiing on a Finnish frozen lake as in the picture above.
There are a couple of things which are already booked into the calendar:
- Liverpool city weekend. Twenty years in London and I’ve not been to Liverpool. I’ll have to participate in something suitably Beatles-reminiscent in addition to the Antony Gormley beach sculptures that are the real purpose of the trip.
- Lille Christmas market. The London-Lille Eurostar train journey is only an hour and a half each way. So, we can do a day trip to the Christmas markets. Amazing! I’ll have to start practising my French.
I’m also contemplating several other things :
- A glassblowing weekend course in Wiltshire. I would return to London with Christmas baubles crafted by my own fair hand.
- The West Highland railway in Scotland. The journey is consistently voted as the most scenic railway in the UK, and you will have seen it in the Harry Potter movies. It looks like a very romantic trip, with the snow capped mountains in the background.
- Winter walks among the Christmas card scenes in the Austrian Tyrol.
I’m in my element – dreaming, researching and planning trips.
~ Spotted Cow